Monday, June 25, 2012

Isn't it funny how people set out to do soul searching and the paths that they take to get to that result? For me... it involves deep cleaning my house. Going through each room armed with a box of black trash bags and a resolve to get rid of the stuff that seems to be cluttering up my life.

I recently read an article online about organization that said we wear 20% of our clothing 80% of the time. Read that sentence again. We are only really wearing 20% of the cloths that we own....almost all of the time! I am guilty of this. I have my 'favorite things' that I am always wearing. They are comfortable. They make me feel comfortable. This is something that I want to challenge myself about to see if it is definitely true and to see what I can do about it.

In my soul searching quiet time I have thought over a lot of things. Why am I the way I am? Why do I let things 'pile up' - as is the case with our guest room - it has become the dumping ground for everything lately that I've not wanted to deal with, put away or find a new home for items.So today my goal is to tackle this room. I want it to be in some sort of semi-order by the time my husband gets home from work today. I want to be able to sit back and relax with the family rather than thinking, 'wow, you really should go and clean up that room!'.

Summer is at the half-way point here. In four weeks The Bug has to report to camp. Then the insanity of a new school year begins. I'm not sure where I will be teaching, or even if I'll be teaching, this fall. My part-time position at the local elementary school ended at the end of the school year. I'm a little nervous about this - but grateful for the pay check that I'll continue to receive until the end of August. At this point, I am praying about it and trying to leave it at the foot of the cross. Why is it easier to pick it up and worry about it rather than leaving it for God to deal with and show me what I really need to do? I've been doing a lot of soul searching about this lately -

but that's a post for another day.