Friday, December 16, 2011

We Need a Little Christmas - Right This Very Minute!

Greetings from the other side of the screen! I know I know... I don't call. I never write anymore either. But honestly, I have been busy. Swamped. Overwhelmed even. But no excuses, let's catch up....

So, today I officially graduated from college. How did I spend my day? At the Dr's office with the Hubs, who has been having chest pains. No pomp and circumstance for this girl. Instead I read waiting room magazines and frantically thought all those "what if?" questions. They scheduled some lab work and a stress test and sent us home after his EKG looked good - telling him to take an aspirin a day and for me to call 911 if anything happens. Great!

Yesterday I spent the day having The Bug's ankle x-rayed. For the second time since school started. First time - she fell at practice. This time she dropped her rifle on her foot ... at practice!... and may I add, she did not have any shoes on! So her foot is nice and purple, green and burgundy...and unbroken. Yeah! So it's elevation and relaxation for her for a few days at least.

Prior to that - I was in an automobile accident the week of Thanksgiving. My precious van was totaled and it was a terrifying experience and not at all my fault. Since then I am now the proud owner of a PT Cruiser... which is actually going to be The Bug's car. I didn't know what I wanted to get, but I had to buy something and she kept talking about these cars so I decided why not? Then I'll just turn around and get me something new when she starts driving.

My student teaching experience turned out to be 'something else'. A lot of things happened that normally don't happen, but let's just say I have no doubts about my ability to teach. Now I just need a job!

My parents adopted a pekingese who is the newest love of my life. My Dad named him Banjo...and he is gorgeous and moody like a toddler! He's about 11 months old now and Daddy and I are in awe of him even if the rest of the family thinks we are crazy. If I could figure out a away to get him and the cat to get along, he'd come and visit me!

The Bug loved football season and participating in the color guard at school so much that she's on the rifle line for winter guard. I am so glad that she's found her 'thing' in high school that makes her so happy!

That's about it for now. I promise to try to check in more...but until then, Merry Christmas from my house to yours!

No comments: