Friday, October 14, 2011

I'm Still Alive

Boy, life has been crazy around here since my last post! I celebrated by 18th wedding anniversary, my daughter turned 14, I am fully involved in student teaching full time, I have no spare time to myself. I'm missing the football game tonight because I am taking another certification test tomorrow, which also means that I'll have to miss our second competition, which is a bummer.

On a positive note, I realized tonight that I have only 31 days of student teaching left. That's not including holidays or weekends. Only 31 days! That blows my mind! Right now I'm teaching full-time - which includes math - my least favorite of all the subjects. I am excited and nervous about graduating in December. What if I can't find a job? What will I do with my 'free' time, which is basically nonexistent while in school? But wow! Then I won't constantly feel like I'm chasing after assignments and data.

So to update on the family. The daughter is loving life in high school. She's loving spending time with all of her friends and doing color guard as well. She's making amazing grades and doing really well in school. It seems so strange to think that in just 3 more years we could be sending her away to college. Where does the time go?

Hubs has a new job. He seems to really like it. That must mean that it's also less painful on his knees. I would have thought his surgery a few years ago would have taken away the problems that he's having. Not.

Me? I'm getting by on about 5 hours of sleep a night. Not nearly enough for someone like me who usually needs a solid doze of 8 hours to feel functional. I would love to have a sleep in day sometime soon!

So now that we've updated, I'm off to check on some favorite bloggers! Have a great day and hopefully it won't be so long between entries again.


1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

yay! So glad your back and oh my it sure sounds like you're crazy busy! Congrats on the student teaching countdown, and graduation soon! Wow! and oh yes, you will be sending her to college before you know it!