Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Summer Bucket List

Can you have a bucket list for a season? I think so. I mean, why not? Who says that the bucket list has to be a 'before I die' event. Couldn't it be before the time lapses? I have been thinking about this tonight. What if we all sat down and made a list of all the things we'd like to accomplish and pursue this summer?

If I were to sit down and start a list, I feel confident it would eventually become completely overwhelming. With me there are no simple list. The most simple thing about my list might be the paper that it's written on ... or the computer font that I choose. Because I am, what I am sure is a medical term, an over thinker. That's right. Over thinker. Look it up... you might see my picture there. Because I can't simply say "I'm going to do "THIS"." Instead it would be an in depth portrayal of exactly what should happen in intricate detail. Which might prove to be the reason why I cannot seem to accomplish the things on my 'To Do' list lately.

But I do have some things I'd like to accomplish this summer. Like clean out all of the closets. Really clean them out and get rid of those things we haven't worn in 5 years. Or secretly get rid of my husband's cowboy boots although he'll need them this fall for the theatrical production the church is going to put on in the fall. I could get rid of the stroller that's just taking up space. I'd like to clean out all of my scrapbook and craft stuff and get a few sewing projects done. I'd like to paint The Bug's room and also move the guest room down the hall and turn that room into sort of a Teen Cave if you will where she and her friends could hang out and have fun. Clean out the shed in the back yard. Clean out the garage. Actually start using the screen in porch.

Yes, I think I will create myself a summer time bucket list. Because if I don't, who will? If not now, when? I'll keep you posted on the progress.

No comments: