Monday, May 30, 2011

Journal Me This

When I was a little girl, probably in the fourth grade, my parents gave me a Hello Kitty diary as part of my Christmas presents. I loved my diary and shared my inner most thoughts on those pages. My dreams and wishes and the deepest heartfelt desires that a 10 or 11 year old could have at that age.

In fact, I firmly believe that this is where I earned my love of writing. It was a no-holds barred type of journaling where I really did share exactly how I felt. Over the years I lost my diary.

So today I started thinking... I have decided that I'm going to join Weight Watchers online. I need some accountability to what it is that I am ...or am not... doing to my body. I did WW about a hundred years ago after I went back to work from my maternity leave with The Bug. In fact, if you can believe it, I was the corporate sponsor for a weekly Meeting At Work that took place at the airline! As I was thinking about this today, The Bug and I were driving back from my beloved Target and I told her that I got within less than 15 pounds of my goal weight... and quit.

So this time around I am going to journal about my adventure. I think that's an important step. I think it's important to take that picture at the beginning and at every milestone that I set myself. Back in the day, I would have Hubs take a picture of me with our polaroid camera at every 10 pound interval. I think that this will help me the most along the way.

What about you? Ever been through something where you decided to journal the steps along the way? Did it help? Do you think it is a good idea? Feedback welcomed. :)

2 comments:

The Source said...

You know what? I could do that. I might pick a date each month and post an update, too, and a picture. Good idea. ;)

I thought about journaling online as we clear property and build the barn...but then the hubby wants to do that so I might not. Or I might...I don't know.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I did the weight watchers online and had great success with it. I think a big part of weight loss is writing down everything you eat and weight watchers makes that part easy! I wish I would have taken monthly pictures of my progress, now would I have been brave enough to post them? Not sure?