Monday, April 4, 2011

Just a Cleanin.....

My daughter is sick. Because adults let teenagers roam around Universal Studios during a monsoon with wet shoes and socks and clothes all day Thursday. Then threw them all on a chartered bus (wet) and then made them come home on the same bus on Friday (which I am sure was still wet). So today we went to the lovely doctor's office and got some meds. Because it is spring break...and who wants to be sick and in the bed? Ugh....

Since she is sick, I am stuck at home. Cleaning. Not fun. Oh and writing imaginary lesson plans on The Tell Tale Heart and watching a video on youtube of Vincent Price doing an awesome performance. I wonder...was it his life's goal to always play such creepy characters? Did anybody ever think he was too cute for all that scary stuff? But what would Thriller be without his voice over?

I am also spending time helping the cat stalk this bird that comes every day and taps on The Bug's bathroom window. It's like we have sonic hearing and wait for the tap-tap-tap each morning. It's a strange story actually - this bird (if bird's live that long) did the same thing last year. It looks like the same bird. Orange beak. Sort of looks like a female cardinal. She keeps us entertained for the most part. Okay, the cat more than me. I am just glad to be home this week. I only wish I could find the person who invented housework and give them a piece of my mind. Why can't someone create the self-cleaning house?

1 comment:

The Source said...

Darkness falls across the land,
the midnight hour is close at hand.
Creatures crawl in search of blood...

LOL He did have a creepy voice, anyway.