Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spring is.... springing?

I know, I know....the English teacher wannabe inside of me keeps saying that's not correct grammar on some level, but believe me when I tell you... spring is definitely in its way! I have noticed tons of little green 'sticks' poking their heads up through the covering on the raised islands in our front yard. Now if I had planned this post carefully I would have gone outside with my camera and taken a picture of the splendor of new growth in the yard ... but no. Not me. Maybe later. Maybe not. You never know around here.

I am curious to see if my hostas will come back this year. Because remember the wind storm that we had that knocked a tree over on our house? That was my lovely shade tree that is out front as well. I took care of the debris from the breakage, but we still need to cut back the rest of the tree. That is also where I planted those zillions of hostas that I took from my parents' yard a few years ago. So we'll see what happens. I may end up having to move them to another spot in the yard.

I have the next week off from student teaching and I really hope to get some things done around here before we head to the Bug's chorus event later in the week. I need to spend some time as well studying for the GACE which I'm taking at the end of March. I want to try to spend some time with my parents as well. It's going to be a busy week but I am so grateful for the break!

No comments: