Monday, January 10, 2011

What I did on my snow day staycation...

Count this as day one of at least a two day snow day staycation. What did we do? Well let's see...

Absolutely nothing. We didn't get snow - instead we've gotten a lot of ice. It looks pretty - until you decide to head outside and try to walk across the driveway. In fact, a funny story. Tonight I went to take something outside ...and managed to slide across the driveway. Thank goodness there was a vehicle there to stop me!

School has already been cancelled for tomorrow. I can envision another day of video games and movies. These snow days can keep it up if it means that I don't have to report to my new placement for the semester until next week. This snow would be ideal if my books had already arrived though so that I could work ahead on all of my work.

2 comments:

The Source said...

Only ice? What a bummer! We ended up with powdery snow...UNDER a layer of rock solid ice. Very strange. We had to hack the ice to get to the snow!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I love those "snow days" when we do nothing but get caught up on movies, tv, turn on fireplace and read a book!