Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Think I'm Being Punished....

Reported to duty today. At the other local middle school which is a whole other world of teenagers than the one The Bug presently attends. It's funny how, even in the same town, kids can be SO DIFFERENT. Especially in the way they dress. I don't think I've ever seen more colored jeans (pink, yellow, green) on kids than I did today. But I digress...

I think the placement's going to be fine. But this teacher...she teaches Math. MATH I say. A lot of math. Not reading. Or Language Arts. Science - no. And forget about Social Studies. Nix Reading. No Reading...ah that just makes me sad! Because I love reading. Reading is one of my most favorite subjects. Math...not so much. So how did I end up with my first degree in Accounting? Who knows. I think I thought that was the smart route to take at the time. Before Enron.

So I think I've worked out my schedule. Three days a week. Five hours a day. For something like 36 days. I have no idea what I will teach for my observation my videos. There is no telling how I'll be able to complete my reading class assignments - you know - since I don't have ANYTHING to do with teaching reading.

Maybe this is because of my displeasure with not having enough exposure to a math strategies class? Maybe I'm being punished in a round about way....

As a side note - our kiddos will be making up 3 of the 5 snow days - all during our winter break. Which is also the time of Ski Bible at church. And All-state Chorus. It keeps getting more complicated.

The Momster

No comments: