Thursday, December 23, 2010

Silent Night

This should be a post about the holidays and how much fun we are having since school has gotten out. It's not been fun. Monday was fun - fantastic even. The Bug got her braces off and looks gorgeous! I made her an appointment to have her teeth cleaned for Tuesday afternoon. That did not go so well. She has to see an oral surgeon about a suspicious spot that showed up on her jaw in the panoramic x-ray. We have a friend who was able to make some calls and get her in to see one tomorrow morning. We are all nervous and dealing with it in our own way. In the midst of this, I have realized that I lost a day this week. I kept saying that today was Tuesday, until she reminded me that Glee was on last night and that today was, in fact, Wednesday. I am sure it's the shock.

We are praying that it's nothing and have given it to God. But it's so hard not to take it back and worry about my precious little baby who is worried herself right now. She hasn't told any of her friends what is going on. In fact, she's turned off her cell phone completely and has not checked her facebook except to update her picture to a braceless image of her laughing with her friends at the local Chickfila Monday afternoon.

I can do all things through Christ, who give me strength. Sometimes I wonder why some of us are tested more than others?

No comments: