Saturday, December 4, 2010

Put One Foot in Front of the Other...

Today's title is paying homage to that song from Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I love that cartoon! Absolutely one of my favorites.

Tonight I will be home by myself for a while. Hubs is out and The Bug is going to a birthday party. What will I do? Well hopefully the title will give me some inspiration and I'll finally put up the Christmas tree! I had hoped to get it up this morning, but got side tracked with some errands we had to run. Then the weather isn't exactly cooperating either. I know this will sound crazy, but I want to take the tree piece by piece and blow it with the blower. Why? Because a few weeks ago I discovered a black widow spider in the garage. I killed it. Then I discovered that they like to hide out in closed storage containers. This includes Christmas tree boxes. I stored our tree this past year on the shelf in the garage. I will not do that again! I now have a bad case of spiderfobia. Simple explanation for a crazy situation I know...

I also hope to get some wrapping done tonight. I have presents hidden in way too many places and I need to get everything corralled together and under the tree. I'm thinking it's the perfect night to pull out the Christmas DVDs and watch White Christmas and a few of my other favorites while I get the house in shape for the holidays. I think my problem has been all of the trees I decorated at my parents a few weeks ago did me in. Next year I'll remember to at least put up our tree in the living room/family room first.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have pictures to share. That should help to motivate me to decorate!

2 comments:

The Source said...

Ooooo!! Is that the movie with the heat miser and the snow miser? Because that's my absolute favorite! Thos songs get stuck in my head for days and I drive my family insane with "He's mister green Christmas, He's mister sun! He's mister heat blister, he's mister hundred and one!"

And if that's the wrong movie...umm...yeah. ;)

The Momster said...

Source:
I believe the movie is The Year Without a Santa Claus. Where the lady who was Hazel on "Hazel" is Mrs. Claus. I love those songs...some of my favorites! LOL