Wednesday, December 29, 2010

In a Word

There's a lot of buzz around the Internet about choosing a word for the new year. Alli Edwards has a post about it HERE and there's another post HERE at Just a Minute... It makes me think, should I participate? Should I sit down and really think about one word that I want to encompass my upcoming year?

This next year - well, I will graduate with my Bachelor of Science Degree in Special Education (Grades K-12). My daughter will begin high school.But is there a way to sum up what I want the year to be in just one word? I've really got to think on this one. Why bother? Because we spend so much time looking for motivation - I will put Bible verses on the refrigerator. I have famous quotes sprinkled around the house to help me stay inspired. I tuck notes into my textbooks and my Bible. I send little encouraging notes in The Bug's lunch box when I know she needs some extra encouragement. So what if I were to decide to focus my energy in one word, what would it be?

I'm going to think on this for a few days. It can be my fodder while I work on cleaning out the house. I have twelve days until my classes start back. In that time, I am going through every nook and cranny and cleaning and vacuuming and dusting. Maybe my word should be clean. or sparkle. or organize. or prepared. That might be a better option for me.

What about you? If you had to sum it up in one word, what would it be?

No comments: