Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

My husband has been asking me for a Christmas List. My Mother asked me if I wanted a surprise this year...or if I wanted the money to buy my own gift. My daughter keeps asking me what I want for Christmas and if there are any hints she needs to give to Daddy about what I want. Problem is: I have no idea what I want this year for Christmas.

What I want... and what I need... are two separate things. I would love something frivolous like a Cricut but that is not practical. I'm all about the practical. I do not want clothes. I am trying to lose weight. While I have bought myself a few things recently, that does not mean that I want more to add to my wardrobe. I like boots. That's the one item I keep waffling on whether or not I want a new pair of boots. I would sort of like an iPad, but again, that's being frivolous. What I want is my family to happy and healthy and content. Easily said and hopefully easily delivered. I love Reece's cups...not a practical gift, but always fun to find in my stocking on Christmas morning!

I went to the mall today. The Bug needed some more Proactiv so away I went. While I was there, I decided to get my fill of mall shopping. I ate a snickers bar and had a coke zero from the Dollar Tree for lunch. How nutritious is that? I've like I'm on the Elf Diet! I did pick up a few things but not nearly what I had envisioned on the way home.

Speaking of diets... you need to check out theses Cupcakes in a Jarover at Today's Creative Blog. What a neat idea! A few years ago The Bug gave her teacher's Cake in a Coffee Mug. They were awesome and tasted great. We made up the cake mix and the icing mix and packaged them for the teachers with the directions. Much better than that microwave brownie that seems to be so popular by Betty Crocker!

Anyway, I think I should get back to work on my Christmas list.

1 comment:

The Source said...

I'm having the same problem...I don't even "know" what I want for Christmas. I know exactly what I want for my birthday, but I'm pretty sure it ISN'T going to happen, so no point in obsessing about it. But for Christmas?? More boots would be cool...I love boots, too!! Other than that...I got nothing.