Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Angels We Have Heard On High

My daughter is awesome! I mean, really... I know parents say that all the time. But if you could have seen her tonight in the play at school... you would be calling agents NOW. But instead, she's going to build a space station and find a cure for cancer and space station disease. Hollywood's loss is the rest of the world's gain.

All joking aside... it was an incredible night. First, the club's sponsor, who wrote the script, did an amazing job. The Bug did an awesome job of delivering her 197 lines. She improvised when others in the scenes could not remember their lines. She showed emotion. She was funny. And a little scary... I don't think people will ever MESS with her after seeing how she threw two parents, a couple of social workers, some students and an ungrateful art teacher out of HER school.

To be honest, I was worried going into tonight. That's a lot of lines to learn in a short amount of time. She was in every scene and had something to say. When I had gone over the script with her once or twice, she just basically 'recalled' her part. No emotion. But tonight...this little girl.... she was incredible! My sister made the comment that she seemed SO GROWN UP. Parents were coming up to her after the show telling her what a great job she did. We were just proud of her. Whenever she puts her mind to doing something, she gives it all she's got.

The next production is a musical. Before tonight I thought she might not be interested in having a part. Now I'm not so sure. She's already sang in front of large audiences with solos at school and at church.

Doodlebug, if you read this...you make me SO PROUD! Go Wildcat, go!

1 comment:

The Source said...

Awww....I'm proud of her, too, and I didn't get to SEE her!! You have to email me some pics or something! Tell her congrats from me on doing such an amazing job! I can literally hear the Proud Mama glow in your typing!!