Monday, November 22, 2010

It's Just Like Candy...With No Calories!

Tonight The Bug and I sat at the kitchen table and she created candy out of clay. I have a collection of clay from years ago when we went to Michael's every Saturday morning for their craft club. And a clay 'pasta' machine. So this year I really want to go all out with my gingerbread themed kitchen for Christmas. So I asked Miss Artsy to create me some 'candy' for a tree. She's made me kisses and hugs, gum drops, a candied apple, twizzlers, candy canes, and a few other things. I, on the other hand, have no success with the clay so I decided to cut out the ice skates that go on her tree while she worked. She also created a few 'pieces' for herself...including a cocoa mug and marshmallow charms that she saw in a book.

It's so nice to sit with her and chat while we create. She's so artistic - I wish I had 1/10th of her ability... she can just visualize things and get them done. She told me tonight that she would secretly love to grow up and go work at Carlos Bakery in Jersey with Buddy... she loves that show and would love to be one of the decorators who creates all of the interesting things that he puts on his cakes. She could do it, too! I hope her love for creating never ends...

So her masterpieces are baking in the oven as I type. She is upstairs in bed, as is Hubs. I am sitting here, watching the timer so that she can see the fruits of her labor in the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to convince her to make me a few more things. And I'd really like a sugar plum or gum drop charm bracelet...if she has time.

What about you? When's the last time you sat down and created something from the heart? Hopefully pictures to follow...

No comments: