Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

Tomorrow is the last day of September. Where does the time go? A part of me feels like we were just celebrating the fourth of July. Now the stores are busy pulling out all of their Christmas, Thanksgiving and Halloween merchandise. I drove by a house today that has already decorated their front porch for Halloween. We're still running around in shorts and t-shirts and Hobby Lobby is probably playing Christmas music as I type.

I love this time of year though. Although I am sad to see all of the flowers die back and the grass begins to turn an unattractive shade of brownish-green, I still love fall. I like seeing the pumpkins in the grocery stores and the bales of hay along the roads. I enjoy walking up and down the costume aisle at the store and seeing what neat and different costumes and decorations are available this year. I find myself trying to avoid the candy aisle...those Reece's call me by name! My mind turns to thoughts of soups and stews for dinner and decorating the front lawn for Halloween and Christmas. Finally being able to turn off the air conditioner!

For Halloween this year, The Bug wants to be Artemis - Goddess of the moon and nature or something like that. She carries a small bow and arrow. And wears a really cute dress. So a few weeks ago Hobby Lobby had their patterns on sale for 99 cents. I bought the pattern for her costume. I need to buy the fabric. Find the little bow and arrow. Find the time to actually make the costume too. When I was a kid, our costumes came in a box...complete with a plastic mask. Remember those? I think the only store bought costume she's ever had was Winnie the Pooh when she was maybe 2 or 3. I should find the pictures!

Our church has a harvest festival for the community each year. We dress up. Last year, she went as a bubble bee. I was a deer. Hubs was a hunter. LOL That simply means it was so cold he wore his camouflage overalls and I wore a brown hoodie and reindeer ears that I have from Christmas. I should point out that we were greeters at the festival! It was cute. I don't know if we'll dress up this year or not. I've always wanted to go as Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty but the weather doesn't seem to cooperate.

1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I love this time of year too! All the gatherings, colors and some new things added to the weekly menu! Enjoy those dressing up days, mine are out of that and halloween just isn't the same anymore.