Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oh, lonesome blogginess

Dear blog:

I am sorry. Sorry for ignoring you. Sorry for not making you feel worthy of my daily diatribes. Sorry for neglecting you. Sorry for not checking in and updating on the events of our life. As school comes to an end this week for The Bug, I hope to do better. I promise not to be a neglectful owner.

Things here are looking up. The job situation is improving. I have also put in for two open positions with the school system - so I am pushing myself out there and seeing what is available. With my degree program, I am able to work and go to school in certain positions and who wouldn't rather work and get paid for their field experience? So fingers crossed and hopeful that something good will happen.

A funny thing that I have noticed... every time I am doing well on my diet and something bad happens, I fall completely off of the wagon. I have got to stop this because my health is important. Being overweight isn't helping anybody with anything...especially me! I had decided recently to try a carb-free diet, which I actually enjoyed....and believe that it helped me retain things that I was learning at school. I had more energy. I was losing weight. Then the 'bottom fell out' and I started eating potatoes and bread again. Today my weight is back up. So I got up today with the decision to do something about it. I keep saying that I'm going to start walking again - which is great - however I have a bike upstairs that I've not used in months. And I don't need certain weather or even daylight to use it. So this week I am going to strive to make some changes and get myself back on the road to weight loss success. Because I refuse to buy new clothes. Then I read over on Tina's blog about her running a marathon and I'm jealous! And so proud!!!!

My classes resume next week. I'll only go to 6 classes this summer - everything else will be online which is something I am really looking forward to. The downside-the campus has an amazing gym that I should be using so maybe I'll do that a couple of days in the week. I'm still teaching 7th and 8th grade girls in Sunday School and enjoying it. We've just finished up the second week of a four week study on what makes a good friend. It really makes you stop and think about your true friends.

The Bug received the outstanding math student award for her team at school on Tuesday and also was recognized for making As all year. I am so proud of her. She is such a better student than I was at her age. I hated math with a passion... funny considering my first degree is in Accounting! This has been an emotionally tough year for her ... not sure if it's just the age and pressures of being in 7th grade or not. I loved middle school so I am a little disappointed. It could be that she's on one of the smaller teams at school. So we are both glad to see this school year come to a close ... until we realized today that in five years, she'll be graduating from high school...and preparing to start college at the age of 17! Time passes too quickly! On a side note, she has told me that she wants to start running each morning this summer which I think is great. Before I found out I was pregnant with her, I had started running and I think it's a great way to get into shape and clear the cobwebs from the brain.

So in closing, I promise to be around more. This may become more of an accountability journal than anything else. But I can do this! I have to do this!!!

1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

You can do it! Set yourself some goals to reach for! You know I was afraid of the treadmill just last summer and my daughter pushed me just to walk on it, and when I ran my first mile you'd have thought I just ran a marathon, I was so proud and happy! and I have just continued to push myself each week!

Good luck to you, I know you can do it!