Monday, May 24, 2010

A Little Less Talk...

And a lot more action. That's what I need. I need to do less talking (and thinking) and just react. Because nothing has gotten done around here today. Well, I did go off with my dear friend and had a good time. Then I came home and voila! NOTHING

Tonight we had karate. It's funny - there are nights when my presence is welcomed in the Doju and other nights that I know I need to run to the store or go for a walk on the golf cart paths. Tonight was a 'go to the store' night. That's okay - we had a need to purchase band aids. LOL

My post about weight really has me thinking. That and my conversation with my friend today at lunch. What is the better option to try with dieting? Carb-free? Carb-eater? Calorie Counter? What? Because it is time to act - Last year when I lost some weight, I gave away all of my 'too biggies' so I really am not allowing myself to go out and purchase anything new. I have enough sizes ranging in my spare closet that I could open a boutique! Today the idea crossed my mind that I should organize them by size and as I lose weight, I could just go and shop in my own closet. Shamefully - some of the items still have price tags attached! So maybe I'll make that my project for later this week. It would be helpful because it would force me to really deal with the issue at hand.

I'm also considering getting my hair chopped off again. To know me is to know that I go from short to long to short to long. Right now I think my hair is too long. And my roots are really showing because I cannot decide what to do. A part of me wants to go back to some sort of bob... until one of the girls in my church class begged me not to get my hair cut and to not get "one of those horrible bobs!". Obviously she has never seen me with a bob! So I don't know what to do. So I go around with my hair pulled up with a clip most days because I just don't want to deal with it lately.

So that's the latest. Tonight's going to be an early night for me because I stayed up to watch LOST last night... and feel more confused about that show than ever!

No comments: