Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thank you God...

Thank you God for giving me parents who love you. Without them, I would be nothing.

Thank you God for giving me a husband who supports me in my decisions and dreams. A husband who loves you above everything else in this universe.

Thank you God for giving me the most precious child who stood up this morning in church when so many other youth were afraid to speak and talked about how she felt your awesome presence this weekend at the youth revival services. How she was moved by the messages and the music and she loves worshipping you.

Thank you God for the girls in my Sunday School class. Often times I feel hurried in preparing for our weekly 'meetings' but today I was able to look at them and celebrate in the fact that they love you.... they are willing to come to church and be open and honest about where they are in their daily walk with you.

Thank you God for our pastor. How he has the ability to speak to my heart and deliver to me the message that I need to hear - at just the right time. For his compassion and his love of your congregation. For his ability to remind us that we all are human and fall short of the glory of God - and yet we are salvageable. And loved by you.

Thank you God for sending you son, your only son, Jesus, who took on my sin as he hung on the cross that day at Calvary. He lived a sinless life and yet he died the death of a sinner - in my place - so that I don't have to spend an eternity in Hell but instead I will be able to spend an eternity in Heaven.

Thank you God for your forgiveness. I am a sinner. Daily. I am unworthy of the love that you have shown me. Of the sacrifice that YOU gave so that I can have this relationship with you and to know that my eternity is secure through the unselfish love that you demonstrated to save me...a sinner.

Thank you God for saving me. Because without you, no matter what I might have thought, I would be nothing. Lost. Destitute. Doomed. Unforgiven. Unclean. Unworthy.

With you - I am a child of God. Heir to the Kingdom of Heaven. Forgiven.

Forgiven.

What a beautiful word ...

No comments: