Thursday, February 18, 2010

Random Thoughts Running Through My Head

My head is about to explode. Seriously, if you hear a report about it on the news, you could say "Hey, I know her! Oh well...wait... I've read her blog." A lot has been happening lately...

My Dad is going to have to go back into the hospital and have his defibrillator battery changed. It's an outpatient procedure apparently. I can't remember what they ended up doing the last time. And God bless my Daddy, he is not the world's best patient. Hence, up the stress level at the Slackermomma's Parents house. We are having to wait a few weeks because he has to come off of the blood thinner he takes for his artificial valve. Speaking of that - he has some hardening around said valve...which is not good and I don't believe was supposed to happen. So we are all worried. Because there's no valve replacement for valve replacement.

Hubs has gone back to work following not-as-successful knee surgery on the right knee. He is still in some pain. Not good.

The Bug has been sick since last week - Thursday I kept her home. Friday we had snow. She was sick again on Saturday. We went to the Dr. on Monday - to be told it's upper respiratory. She's feeling better now but what a crummy way to spend winter break. On the flip side, at least I didn't pay for her to attend ski-Bible week in Gatlinburg... because she would have been at home with me. But she was going to go to volleyball camp... and didn't.

My sister has apparently burnt her cookies. She is rewriting history and coming out with all sorts of revelations about her past that I really don't want to know. She's dating. She's still married by the way. It's really WEIRD And she doesn't read here so I had to get that off of my chest.

And now on to the me drama. As you know, school is making me crazy. I find myself muttering along the pain reliever aisles at Walmart because my head hurts. Tonight was the final straw. I had spent all day studying for a quiz in my psychology class. We are talking probably eight good hours with no interruptions. The Bug was at my parents. Hubs was a work. Even the cat left me alone. I go to class. Take the quiz. I get 10 wrong. I get 10 right. I make a stinking 50! Even with the curve of the question that he mistyped the answer on... I still have an F. I am on an academic scholarship - have I ever mentioned that before? I have to maintain a B average. I have a GPA of around 3.9. I do not like Fs on quizzes. Last week he gave us an assignment - 5 questions to answer. I researched the topics and was sure I was right on. I get back my paper. He's decided one is completely wrong and another is wrong because I didn't include the right wording. WHAT???? So guess what? I got a 60. Barely out of F territory.

So tonight the smartest person in the class says... Are we past the withdrawal point? That worried me. Because she teaches Chemistry and Latin. Hello? Notice... she has a job teaching with science. I took my last high school science course in 1986. I took a semester in Biology a couple of years ago. I do not like science. I am not good in science. Just a few minutes ago I got a text from one of my classmates about how unreal the test was. She made the same grade as me. I think maybe she's got an average that's five points higher than mine. Still failing in my opinion. I just told her that I think I am going to withdraw from the course. I can't handle the pressure of failing over an elective. Give me a reading class or something....where it will help me teach these kids that I'm going to work with. Don't just shuffle me into a room because you need to help someone fill up his quota to keep his job. Because that's how I feel right now. I am so far out of my element it's not even funny.

Well, maybe it would be on a funny farm. But with my luck, Chevy Chase would be there. And that, in my book, would be as bad as taking this class.

Comments? Suggestions?

2 comments:

The Source said...

Wow. I'm really sorry about the Psych class. It sounds like a nightmare. I always hated classes where you feel like you're doing absolutely everything you possibly can to get it right and still end up on the wrong end of the stick. I'll be praying for you, girl!

I've got a high school student who just handed me her interim reports and a load of excuses! I'm trying to figure out how a straight A kid can explain away a bunch of C's and many, many test grades in the 60's. "Oh, umm...well, I studied for two whole HOURS for the Dracula test, but it turns out I didn't know ANY of it!" Maybe she could....I don't know....READ the book??

Your sister...you should email me. Mine is up to the very same business. Unfortunately she doesn't care who knows. She's flaunting it all over their side of town and even her children know what's going on. She thinks none of us family members know...wondering how to approach things...

Hope y'all have a better weekend and that the Bug is feeling better so that she can enjoy herself.

Slacker MOM II said...

and to think I was leaving you alone this week. I will call you later!!! Remember when things get to the point where you feel it is the bottom, FROG!!!! I love you, my dear dear friend. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!!!