Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's All Blending Together...

Things around here have been a little crazy lately. I am trying my best to adjust to my new schedule...and at times I think things are rocking along smoothly. Other times, there is utter chaos at hand. But it's my life...

I'm learning a lot in my Psychopharmacology class. Like what Tylenol does to the body...so if you are taking Tylenol, do us both a favor and stop, okay? I've learned why you are told not to drink grapefruit juice with medications that say "DO NOT DRINK GRAPEFRUIT JUICE". I've learned a technique to spot middle-aged ladies who are taking antidepressants. I'm telling you - I'm one step away from being a Doctor! They'll be calling me Dr. Vegas before long.

In my SPED classes it's a little different. In one class I feel like I'm not doing enough. In the other two there is too much to do and it's not all balancing out. So I'm up at 11:49 on a Saturday night trying to make sense of everything so that I can give my daughter a QRI test tomorrow (just don't ask) and prepare a list of what I should be doing for the teacher whose class I am assigned for my first practicum.

I'm just glad at this point I dropped my walking class. They changed their meeting time to 7:45 AM two days a week. I'm already having to adjust my morning schedule to be at the elementary school two days a week by 7:30... so I basically would just be living out of my car if I were enrolled!

Things at home are good (knocking on wood). We are all adjusting to things pretty well around here. That means that I think my Mom has been feeding my two every evening when I'm in class. And they love her cooking. And spending time at their house. I think if I told them both that we were moving into my parents' basement, they'd volunteer to go get boxes and start packing right now. I guess though it's a great complement when you discover that you're not the only person who thinks your parents are the best.

With that being said, I think the washer just went off upstairs. The Bug has been sick today and Hubs had to go to the northside of town this morning so I have been at home cleaning. The guest room - spotless. The laundry room - nice and neat. Our room - wonderfully fresh. The hallway carpet even had a quick run over to get out any spots from the carpet and is nice and clean. I didn't go into her room - she stayed in bed all day watching tv or napping. And although our plans got changed from going to see "The Blindside" tonight, I am glad that I was able to get so much done and take care of my precious little girl.

Tomorrow's church... see, the days just blend all together. :)

2 comments:

Jo said...

i sure hope u find time for yourself and time to relax. You are one amazing woman.

The Source said...

All right...I know all about the grapefruit issues since Pip used to take anti-seizure meds that interacted with it. But you gotta tell me about the anti-depressant thing!! Email me the scoop on that one!!

I know things will settle into some sort of routine for you soon. You handle anything! I mean, all that going on and you still found time to vacuum??