Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's official - I am an overplanner...

I have officially decided to share with the cyber world a little tidbit of information about myself. I tend to take on more than I can handle. I overschedule. Overplan. I am an overthinker. Rather than settling for simplicity, I have to think of things on a grander scale. It's becoming extremely annoying in my day to day life. I think I might need therapy. Preferably not the retail type...as it tends to lead to these grand ideas that seldom get finished.

Before getting the crypt keeper's cold (as it is affectionately known now), I was in the process of trying to make heads or tails out of my stuff in our bonus room. That room is complicated. Heck, it might need therapy before it's all over and done. It is the bane of my existence. My Achilles heel. Let's see if I can explain this in great detail -

The bonus room used to be the room with the family computer and spare tv/stereo system. It was a comfy, cozy room at the end of the hallway - a haven where I could go to escape the day to day dealings of life or to sit and wait for the washer to finish the spin cycle - which ever one happened to be a priority at the time. The cat would snooze on the love seat. The closets were brimming with craft supplies and paperbacks and out of season clothes. Until one day.... (insert creepy organ music here).... one of the closets collapsed. Followed by the other closet collapsing. Followed by our decision that the computer was disrupting our family relationships and we decided to move it downstairs to the living room so it would be like we were actually, you know, living together. The room then sort of became 'neglected'. Heck, let's be honest, it became that neglected child that you just sit in the corner and comment on but never really spend any time with.

In all honesty, every time I go in there to try to sort through the holiday decorations or craft supplies or even the movies on VHS tapes, I feel like it's a job that I just don't want to do. Or I get sick, like last week, taking away an entire week that I had devoted to trying to organize that beast before classes start for me in January. I did manage to sort through a good amount of stuff, determining a donations box, recycles box and a box full of trash. But there are times when I consider just getting rid of everything - until I realize the money that I have invested in craft material and stuff like that - and I feel like I am back at square one.

My intention was to sort through the fall decorations before returning them to the attic. Today I just gave up. I put the tubs inside the room...and shut the door behind me. It'll have to wait till another day. I don't have time to worry about it with everything else going on.

Pathetic, isn't it?

1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Oh I know that overwhelming feeling! I get it every time I pull out a seasons decorations or head into my scraproom and the guilt takes over for what needs to be done. Pick one thing and focus on it and once you accomplish that it will get easier! speaking of which, I need to get off computer and do the same :)