Friday, November 6, 2009

Time Flies...

Today my daughter commented how just a week ago we were preparing for Halloween. I was busy putting the finishing touches on the house since we were having a party. I was praying that we would be spared the rain that came anyway. Tweaking the menu - and deciding what I just wouldn't have time to try this year. I had to finish the finishing touches for her costume, which included making 'ears' that she decided not to wear because we mastered the "BIG HAIR" she was after in the first place. And if I can ever remember to download the pictures, I'll have plenty to share.

Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. I'm considering having the family here for Thanksgiving but I'm not sure. My Dad is more comfortable at his own home - in fact, he generally never visits for long if he and Momma come by. Still some time to think about it.

My parents have finally decided what we are going to do for their anniversary. Considering their 50th was in May, I feel guilty. My nephew's wedding made them postpone any type of celebration. Then I had wanted to have their party this weekend but my sister ended up scheduling her surgery for this week. My nephew left for Iraq on Monday. Too much has been going on. Anyway, they've told us they want to have something at their house the Sunday after Christmas. I still want to consider having it at a venue in town. The fellowship hall at the church is too small and there really is no room for people to sit. The old sanctuary is being converted into adult classrooms so that's not an option either. If it is at my parents', I've really got to get on the ball and order their invitations and get everything planned. With my sister's surgery I'm sure I'll need to do the majority of the work involved.

Classes start soon and I'm excited/nervous. I had completely forgotten that I have to have 3 references to get into the program so I made my contacts last night to ask for letters. My application status shows as pending. My calculated GPA is 3.88....darned Math classes!I'm nervous about the change it will bring around home being gone so much again. At times I've just thought "go get a job!" but I know this is something that I need to complete - it's important to me and to The Bug.

Next thing you know, I'll be posting about Christmas shopping and baking cookies!

1 comment:

The Source said...

Hope your sister is doing well after her surgery. Is she home or in the hospital?

Get those photos up! What was Bug for Halloween? Whatever she was, I'm sure the costume was terrific. Have a good weekend. We're off to shop for a new dress...DD's class ring ceremony is this Tuesday. Can you BELIEVE she's old enough to be getting her ring??