Friday, October 23, 2009

Woo Hoo Weekend Ahead!

I've spent the week working with a bunch of fantastic four year olds. Ever wanted to revert back to being a kid and play in play dough and learn all the nifty songs about your ABC's? I think I could just spend my time volunteering to read to little kiddos all day long!

But it's the weekend... and it's a busy one at that!

Tomorrow is the birthday party in honor of my Aunt A. She's my Daddy's youngest sister - 20 years older than me. 10 years older than my sister. She's also 10 years younger than her sister, too. We have a 10 year theme in our family apparently. But in honor of her turning 60 this year, my Momma and Aunt S decided a birthday party was in order. So the family is meeting at a restaurant that is a little more than 1/2 way there for us. The bad news? I'm not sure if we're going to be able to go since The Bug was home sick again today and the miserable rainy weather we are having is effecting my cold as well!

That means I've got to get out tomorrow though and pick up her gift - because I've worked all week - and had a sick child - and been generally lazy. I'm thinking a bouquet of flowers.

Tomorrow night is the Harvest celebration at our church. We'll have the honor of having 3000 to 5000 of our closest friends from the community come by for fun, games and food! My class (the 7th and 8th grade girls) are in charge of the temporary hair color booth. My class (the adult class where Hubs and I are classmates) is in charge of the welcome booth. I'll be at the welcome booth from 6-7 and then in charge of hair coloring from 7 - 8:15. Can you say over scheduled????But it will be fun!

I still need to put the finishing touches on The Bug's lion costume for Halloween night. She's having several friends over for dinner, trick or treating and mischief so I've got to make sure everything's done and ready well before then.

I need to get together whatever costume she's wearing tomorrow night. She's on the phone with a friend right now and they're talking about going as bumble bees... So that's easy but still needs to be handled. I think we are going as Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty tomorrow night if I can find something green and striped to wear. Otherwise we might have to go as a deer and hunter! Wouldn't that be fun!

We still need to spook the yard but it's a mess of rain and mush right now so that might have to wait. Garden Ridge has all of their Halloween stuff 1/2 off - and I'm itching to go and see what they have left at this point.I want some little trick or treaters for my sidewalk...

I'm going to sit down and make a grocery list for two weeks and try my best to stick to it. I want to try shopping for two weeks instead of stopping in multiple times a week like we've done recently.

I need to finish the presentation that I do weekly for my class on Sunday mornings. The girls seem more into it if it's interactive and visual and to be honest, I enjoy them too. I usually include a couple of video clips to watch so now I'm trying to figure out how to put them in my PowerPoint presentations without any problems.

Sunday afternoon I'll go to my first youth leader meeting too. A little curious about what will be discussed. I'm having a great time getting to know the girls that participate in the class - but at the same time I'm missing my adult class a little bit. When I signed up to teach I had hoped it would be bi-weekly so that I could still connect with my peers twice a month but the person who is teaching the class really just wants to be a helper and somehow I found out that I am now the lead. Not that I mind but I think I'm going to suggest once every 6 weeks or so we attend our regular class and allow the other person to teach the class by themselves. We'll see how that works out.

I'm also in the middle of planning some sort of missions project for the girls to participate in. We need to do at least 3 a year. I need to start planning our social activities as well. I think that will give us an opportunity to get to know one another better rather than just the hour we are together on Sunday mornings.

It's going to be a busy weekend. But I'm excited that it's here... I just hate how fast time goes by... it's going to be November before we know it!

No comments: