Monday, October 26, 2009

The Temptations

No, I'm not talking about the musical group...I am talking about those things that you find yourself tempted to do. Whether good or bad. Like right now I am tempted to go and take a picture of my daughter's room...to shame her. Or wait...that might not work either. I could put it on here and she probably wouldn't care. But the problem is that I went in there recently and just stood amazed at the.... mess. That's probably the best word to use right now. Clothes all over her butterfly chair. Books all over the dresser. Just a bunch of stuff where it shouldn't be...

But in her defense, she has been sick.

But am I making excuses?

My dishwasher is on the fritz. It's not really draining like it should. So I have resorted to hand washing dishes and then putting them in there to run through the cycle because I want to kill all of the cooties we've been passing around these past two weeks. Looks like I'll be getting a new dishwasher for Christmas, huh?

Hubs is home today - he's working different hours for the next couple of weeks. It's nice - to one point - because he took care of breakfast this morning for The Bug. But then again, I cannot really do a lot with him asleep because he is a light sleeper. I've managed to get some laundry done and a load of dishes. But I need to vacuum and that's one noise, no matter what part of the house I'm doing it in, that wakes him up. Right now he's awake but sort of snoozing on the sofa so I don't want to disturb him... I know it's a pain to adjust your sleeping hours when something like this happens. But I'm tempted to vacuum anyway...

Her Halloween party is Saturday night. Rather it's a come over and have supper and we'll Trick or Treat event. But it's exciting! And the reason why I feel a need to clean every nook and cranny. Notice that I said a need and not a desire or urge. I'd rather go cuddle up with the human heater and take a nap.

That might be the biggest temptation of the day...

1 comment:

The Source said...

Ugh...my hubby is about to go back to shift work after three years on straight days. Not sure if I'm going to be able to handle the day-sleeping issue while trying to homeschool two noisy 6th grade boys. Also not sure how he's going to adaot to swing shift at his old age!! Probably going to be very grumpy for a while. We'll see.