Thursday, October 1, 2009

Octobyeah!

Can you believe it? October is here! Heralding in its cooler temperatures. Falling leaves. The stores are filling up with the colors of fall. Orange. Yellow. Brown. Okay, brown is not my favorite color....but a golden brown is gorgeous especially this time of the year!

Today Hubs and I had several errands to run so I didn't accomplish anything at home. He did manage to start creating the forms for our 'trick or treaters' that will go in the front yard later this month. Let's be honest, I think we wasted a lot of time today - but we had a good time doing it.

Got to stop by my friend "D"s house today to pick up my check and drop off the carpet shampooer. I always have a good time chatting with her - our chats are sort of all over the place though...that's what makes them fun. While I was there I realized that I had no idea where my cell phone was... I cannot be without my cell phone. This fact was just cemented as I use my phone for more than just a phone. I use it as a calendar. A clock. It's my alarm. I use the calculator application. I also take a lot of pictures with my phone...


Now I have a tip to share. I have naturally curly hair. Recently a friend who works in a salon told me about something...Herbal Essence Totally Twisted shampoo and gel. Let's just say...this stuff ROCKS! I can wash my hair with it and comb through it and let it dry - and I have nice, natural, UNFRIZZY curls. One thing though - don't use it if you are going to straighten your hair. I made that mistake this past week - and let's just say - I had really WILD hair that wanted to stick straight up. I recommend you try it - it's just a great product for curly hair. And I was never the type to wear my hair naturally curly until I had it cut back in July and "T" wanted to know why I never wore my hair naturally. Now that I've found this .... I do!

1 comment:

The Source said...

Hmmm...DD's hair is dry very. And just about everything we try that keeps the frizzies under control also makes it feel crunchy. And look wet. The only thing she likes is Garnier creme gel. But what you mentioned would be worth a try.