Friday, October 9, 2009

The Month is Flying By...

Today is my Mom's birthday. She's 72. This morning I stopped by with breakfast for my parents - just sausage biscuits as they didn't want to go out and she likes sausage biscuits when we are rushing somewhere in the car. Tonight we had a family dinner - KFC chicken with the fixings and then even pizza for the younger crowd and cake. My parents were there, as was my family of three, my niece and her boyfriend were there, my sister... and my brother-in-law. It was a strange situation to say the least and I don't believe he spoke one word to me...but I could be wrong. I have heard that they're getting back together but he's still very much into his 'black magic' stuff so I don't know what to think... I continue to pray for him. And for her.

We are having revival at church...starting Sunday. I'm really excited. I've sent out postcards to all the girls on my class role inviting them to revival and to class. We'll see what happens. I need to get myself in gear and pull up some stuff for this week's lesson. I usually take them some sort of snack...if you feed them, they pay better attention...lol so this week it's going to be blueberry and apple cinnamon muffins I think. I want to start another one of those sour dough starters so that I can build off of that and do some baking for them each week. Got any good cupcake or muffin recipes to share?


I have had the best week this past week working with my dear friend "D" in her classroom! You know that feeling where you go work and you're exhausted and waiting for the weekend to come up...quickly? Yeah, well I didn't feel that way at all! She has such a wonderful little crew of students and it was so nice to see them all working together to learn and to play. They learned about Noah's Ark and the great flood and the animals... it was great! I think I might go through some withdrawals this next week...

Tomorrow The Bug has her audition for All State Choir. I am taking her and a friend whose parents have to work so we've got to get out of here on time tomorrow. I hope that they have a fantastic time. I did this the two years that I took chorus in middle school and it was a wonderful experience. If you forget the time that my chaperone let me go back to the hotel by myself because I had forgotten my ID badge. That woman must have been an idiot to let a teenage girl loose on the streets in such a busy/party town! When I think about that now, I cringe!
Still putting the finishing touches on the Halloween party plans. Starting to plan my parents' open house in December as well as a few holiday activities that'll go on here at home. Times are busy... but I love this time of the year!

1 comment:

Slacker MOM II said...

I was thinking of meeting at Starbucks to discuss the Noah and Moses!!!!

Thank you for everything you did to help this me. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Wish your mom some belated birthday wishes for me.

"D"