Monday, October 12, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Wow - another day of storms is here. In fact, it's supposed to be this way until Thursday. Rain, rain go away.... Not that I'm complaining but I'm also sick and the weather just makes it worse. Unless... I could go upstairs and go back to bed, couldn't I?

Ran to Walmart this morning to pick up some OTC medicine. Have you ever noticed that the fruit at Walmart isn't from America? Oranges from South Africa. Today there were some oranges from Chili. Can I just tell you that oranges from South Africa are extremely bitter and a total waste of money? I did buy some red delicious apples for $1 a pound. Not sure if the label said where they were grown. I would be interested in knowing exactly how much of their merchandise and grocery retail are American made and grown.

We are having revival at church this week. I wanted to go to a mid-day service they are having today, including a light lunch, but I don't think I should go out any more than necessary. I'll go back tonight with the family. Bill Stafford, aka "Mr Rudolph" from Fireproof, is leading us in worship and the last two services were incredible! Last night he did his famous "Caleb" line from the movie because apparently a lot of the youth had asked him to say it. Although he plays the grumpy neighbor in the movie, he is really a gentle-spirited man who just wants to share with the world the love of Jesus Christ. I'm really looking forward to the next few nights!

This afternoon The Bug has to get started on her cell project for her science class. I seriously hope we have everything now that she'll need...especially after spending around $20 on supplies at Hobby Lobby this past weekend. I love how instructions will say its supposed to be inexpensive... I think that's expensive for a science project.... because I also know she'll go through my craft supplies and paints to complete everything she needs. She had her all-state audition on Saturday and we should find out her score this week from her teacher. I was a little surprised by the number of girls who walked out of the audition room in tears. The Bug and her friend who went with us were just their usual bubbly selves. I hate all the drama....

Okay, if I'm going to get everything together for haunting the yard for Halloween and finishing up her costume, I should probably sign off and get to work. Or take a nap.... I think the latter might win!

Toodles!

1 comment:

The Source said...

Seventh grade just IS drama. That's all. Morning, noon and night they swing from one extreme to the other. LOL You're blessed with a daughter who doesn't freak out all day long! :) I hope she gets good results from her audition.

When we finally got a Kroger I stopped buying any food at Wally World. I either get it from Kroger or the local farmer's market. Comparing prices...it wasn't really even cheaper at Walmart, and the quality was usually nasty. At least...here.