Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Buying Furniture Over The Phone...

This morning I got a call from Havertys. Remember way back when ... when we bought our living room furniture? Well, it's being discontinued. And they have 10 of the chairs that go with my sofa still available... So I bought one. Over the phone. It'll be delivered tomorrow. Betcha that's a first for a lot of people that I know! Now I just need to figure out what to do with the recliner that's in its spot.

I am still preparing for the party Saturday night. We've honed the menu...not that a bunch of girls will probably care. I just can't decide if they should have hot dogs (which is our usual meal on Halloween) or if we should make these MUMMY pizzas - which is basically a cheese pizza that you put strips of cheese over and do something like black olives for eyes. Thoughts? I know that I'm planning too much for dessert - but that's okay. Whatever's left I'll take to my class Sunday morning and then to my parents' for my nephew's going away dinner with our family.

We have had entirely too much rain here and because of it the only decoration that's outside is a plastic pumpkin that lights up at night. We are expecting more rain on Friday so it looks like we'll go out and spook the yard Saturday morning. We've planned a lot of stuff... a circle of ghosts, a witch with a cauldron (probably on the front porch!), trick or treaters and our cemetery is coming back this year. I will try to take lots of pictures - but my digital camera is on its last leg. I need to buy another one. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Awe, sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. We have rain again this weekend, yuck! Curious about a digital? My daughters is the Canon powershot, though I'm not sure which one?