Sunday, September 13, 2009

Super Short Weekend...

I hate those weekends that seem to speed by at the speed of light.... this was one of them! There seemed to be a hundred things we had to do - and not nearly enough time to accomplish them all!

Friday night we had a date night at the local O'Charleys. Word of warning - do not try the Mexican themed salad with chicken. Aside from the spicy dressing this dish was tasteless. I laughed though and said that's what you get when you are just trying to be good (I've lost 5 lbs...). I've noticed that Hubs seems to have a problem with choking while eating certain foods. Breads and potatoes to name a few. If he has something to drink he's okay - but of course they were 'out' of sweet tea - so he drained my drink and basically waited until someone brought some fresh sweet tea by the table. Note to any servers who might read this - if you are out of the beverage someone is drinking, bring them a glass of water or offer them an alternative! You would never notice that he is choking - I have learned to watch for him to just start drinking and drinking and drinking.

Saturday and today we have been shopping for shoes for The Bug to wear with her chorus dress. It's long and black and she has to have a closed toe shoe to wear with it. She just got her dress this week and we've got to have it hemmed as it is unbelievably long. We bought a really cute pair of black wedges at Kohls that she really likes. We both figured that a wedge was a good choice since she'll be going up and down bleachers and risers with the concerts.

Church this morning was wonderful. Our community has recently been rocked by a scandal with some of the faculty at the local high school getting into some trouble. Our minister only said that what we all need to realize is that it could have been any of us. None of us are immune to sin. Then he moved on with a moving sermon about revival. I have to tell you, at the end of the service the altar was covered up with people praying. It was a very moving experience to be there today and hear God's word.

Tomorrow I am meeting with the youth minister to discuss getting involved teaching Sunday School for 7th and 8th grade girls. There is a need for a teacher every other week which I would enjoy because it would allow me to still interact with my adult class and let me work with the youth. I've got a lot going on otherwise in my life right now so we'll see if this is somewhere that God is calling me to serve. I still have to complete my new college application and write a paper on my philosophy of education. Looks like I need to spend a little bit of time working on all of this, huh?

No comments: