Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Morning Has Broken...

Well after yesterday's post about housework I thought I'd weigh in on what I actually got accomplished. Instead of spending the day working inside I went outside into the wonderful weather we've been having...
  • Cleaned off the front porch, including sweeping away the webs, wiping down the chairs and table, blinds, light fixture, cleaned the rug at the front door.
  • Pulled up the Sheppard hooks that I use for my hanging baskets of petunias. Pulled the dead petunias out the baskets and moved the baskets to the dogwood tree until I decide something to plant in them for the fall season. Deadheaded my other planter of wave petunias. Moved my four planters that have sweet potato vines back to the front porch. Did I mention that apparently Sunday night the local deer had sweet potato vines for a midnight snack? They were all glorious and leafy. Now only one still has any leaves on it - it's just vines. I need to go buy some mums for these planters now.
  • Moved the swing.
  • Planted over 100 iris bulbs next to the driveway in the new island that Hubs created there since the Bradford Pear trees are limiting the grass growth.
  • Weeded the islands.
  • Weeded the beds out by the street.
  • Watered the shrubs and hosta plants near the house.
  • Swept down all the spiderwebs that were in the way. I swear, they love our house!
  • Gathered up the soaker hose from the large island out front - I need to take it back to my parents' house.
  • Pruned some dead limbs from my dogwood tree.
  • Picked up an assortment of rocks that Hubs had thrown in the driveway while working in the yard. He hates rocks in the yard. I hate them in the driveway. They have a new home around the base of one of my trees.
  • Swept the front sidewalk.
  • Took down the flag at the front porch and the one at the mailbox. Moved my little welcome flag holder closer to the front porch - I need to put my autumn flag out there today.

I am sure there is more, but that's all that comes to mind. It was a rather successful day if I don't say so myself. All the yard tools have been put away sans the wheelbarrow that, for some reason, he has left at the side yard because he's working on something.

Today is about interiors. All of the laundry is caught up so that's not going to be a distraction. I've already walked my mile today so that's out of the way. Had my bagel - my newest addiction...bagel and strawberry cream cheese! Could have worked today but still feel like it's a little iffy with The Bug having been sick. She's still congested although acting somewhat like her normal self. I just didn't want to cart her off to my parents' house early this morning or risk taking the sub job and her wake up worse off this morning.

And so that's my day in a nutshell. Got to pick up her chorus dress from having it hemmed after school today. Got to stop in and exchange a pair of jeans that we'd bought her that are way too long... then dinner and church. Wednesdays are always crazy....

By the way, can you believe tomorrow is the first day of October????

No comments: