Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Is Somebody Building The Ark?

We have had some serious rains here recently. So bad that the state's big amusement park is practically underwater. Schools are closed in some counties. Roads are awash with rain. It's insane. I wonder if there's still bread and milk at the grocery stores???

Actually today is the first day that we've seen sunlight for any given amount of time. I would be lying if I said that I wish we could have had a couple of days off of school. But then by now, if that had been the case, The Bug and I would probably be on each other's last nerve and heading down to her grandparents' house so that we could be entertained by my parents.

The kids are taking the ITBS test this week so I love the fact that there's no homework. In fact as I type this, Bug is reading a book. The house is quiet - I like quiet. Hubs' last night of class got cancelled as well so he's outside washing vehicles or something. I've been cleaning rooms in anticipation of dragging out all of my fall decorations. I also spent a large part of my day (probably too much time) making postcards to send to the girls from church who haven't been in a while. I figure this way I'll start out the year having contacted them all and it will be easier to do the follow up thing from this point. I think they turned out really cute although from now on it'll be a trip to the bookstore to buy them.

I am in a quandary. I need some advice. I want to paint my living room (again). Right now the walls are these two colors - one looks like a Frosty from Wendys and the other looks sorta like coffee with creamer in it... like my descriptive words? Well, I don't like them anymore. I want to do something different ... and let me interject in here that we have a lot of wall to paint and a chair rail all around the place. I'm thinking about going with something like a light cream color with maybe just a hint of yellow - it's sort of like what my kitchen and dining room are painted. My furniture: all the tables are dark. The chairs are either beige or burgundy. My couch is sort of a beige-ish color and my drapes are burgundy as well. The carpet is like a beige or oatmeal. I need ideas! I mean, would it be bad if all the rooms downstairs were painted the same color? Hubs seems to turn his nose up at this idea... I guess while I'm trying to decide I could go ahead and paint the lower walls in the dining room burgundy... I have been wanting to do this forever!

Rain. Paint. Testing. What else could you ask for?

1 comment:

The Source said...

I don't see any reason not to have several rooms the same color. A lot of contractors do this...with the dining room some other striking or more dramatic shade. While you're deciding, why don't you visit a few open houses or drive by a new neighborhood with some models open one weekend and get some ideas? Real Estate agents LOVE when people pop in just for decorating inspiration! LOL