Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Flywheel


This past weekend our local bookstore was having a sale. I mean, there were some movies that were 50% off...so I call that a sale. And I had a coupon for an additional 25% off of my entire purchase so I found myself venturing to the store in search of a certain movie one of our friends had told us about.

It's an inspirational story. Don't let that turn you away. I also bought my movie for five dollars and some change. What a bargain for what if gave me in return! It's produced by Sherwood Pictures and if you click on the picture above it will take you to the movie's website. Here's the rundown of the movie:


Jay Austin wants to sell used cars in the worst way ... and that's exactly how he does business at his dealership. Promising much more than he can ever deliver, he'll do whatever it takes to sell a car. His manipulative ways permeate all of his relationships—even his wife and son know they can't trust him.

But as Jay works on restoring a classic convertible, he begins to see that God is working on restoring him as well. Coming face-to-face with the reality of how he truly conducts himself, Jay Austin begins the ride of his life as he commits to honoring God with his business, his relationships, and his life!

Now I know you might be thinking...great here we go again. But let me tell you, this movie has a message and it's one that we all need to hear. Have you ever felt alone? Isolated? Ever wondered why things seem to take a turn from bad to worse? Then I recommend you see this movie. It's inspirational in a time where I feel like a lot of people need some direction. Do I believe that things will happen for you, just like Jay in the movie, if you give your life over to God? I don't know - but I can guarantee you - when you remove yourself from the driver's seat and allow God to plot your course you will see changes in your life.

Sherwood Pictures also produced another movie - one that would be a good choice to watch at this time of the year with football season breaking loose -



Just clicking on its picture will also take you to the movie's website. Here's a summary of what to expect with this film:


From the award-winning producers of FLYWHEEL comes a new, action-packed,
family-friendly drama about a high school football coach who draws up a new game
plan for his team … and himself.


In his six years of coaching, Grant Taylor has never had a winning season. Even the hope of a new season is squelched when the best player on his Shiloh Eagles decides to transfer schools. After losing their first three games of the season, the coach discovers a group of fathers are plotting to have him fired. Combined with pressures at home, Coach Taylor has lost hope in his battle against fear and failure.
However, an unexpected challenge helps him find a purpose bigger than just victories. Daring to trust God to do the impossible, Coach Taylor and the Eagles discover how faith plays out on the field … and off.

With God, all things are possible …

And of course if you've never taken the time... I still recommend watching Fireproof. You don't have to be 'religious' to get the point of these movies. But hey, couldn't we all use a little faith-lift these days?

So next time you're at the video counter trying to decide what to watch - or even if you're driving down the road and you notice a church sign that says there's a free viewing of a movie coming up on a Saturday night, why not give it a try? I promise you that they're not going to try to convert you or lock the doors behind you or even try to brainwash you into believing something that you're not ready for. But they are there to offer you inspiration. To give you a shoulder to lean on. A person who will listen. To lend a hand in times when it feels like you're all alone. You don't have to change your denomination. Heck you don't have to change your clothes either. Just go with an open mind and an open heart and heart and hear the message that God has prepared for you. I promise you, it will move you in a profound way.

If you've seen these movies, let me know what you thought. If you have others to recommend, please let me know that, too. I'm all for inspiration these days.

No comments: