Thursday, August 20, 2009

Update...

Well, why does it seem like I am always quitting something? Because guess what?.....

We had a long talk tonight. The drive would actually require me to leave home no less than 90 minutes before I have to be at the school. Still no reply from anybody with any information. My frustration just seemed to keep building and building today until I nearly fell apart in the car. That was after I found it - because with everything that happened today, I could NOT remember which floor I had parked on in the garage. How's that for fun???

I am going to try again to contact the coordinator who does the placements for the program. I want to know why she told me in my interview that 99% of students get placed in the district they request. I want to know what my chances are of getting some sort of change. Or what my chances are that, if there is a change made, that this won't happen to me again. Because if we can't work this out, it's not going to work out for me.

I called another university tonight where their recruiter has actively contacted me over the past couple of years. Their campus is closer. Sure there are some night classes - but none that would require me to be in danger when it comes to coming home. We'll see where they do their placements... when their classes begin. We'll see.

I'm not sure if I'll bother going to the lecture tomorrow ... I can already feel myself heading towards dropping the classes. Maybe the best thing for all of us would be if I get a job until the New Year comes along. Tomorrow is the last day to drop where you get a complete refund...and since I don't have the hope, this will just send my loan back to the government.

I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

The Source said...

Hey...I haven't been reading much of anything lately so I missed out on all of this. Did you get your scholarship figured out? Todd's Palmetto Fellows scholarship had been put on "hold" this semester even though he had met the GPA and everything. They had mailed him a letter over the summer that if he wanted to KEEP it, don't do anything. If he wanted to DROP it (??) sign here and send this letter back. Well...we did nothing. Time for school...the office said he had not signed a paper (that they never sent) stating he isn't a criminal!! Luckily they let him sign it in their office. Because otherwise, no money.

I hope you've got things worked out. Prayers for the decisions you're having to make. You'll end up doing it right. You always do.