Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random Thoughts

I seem to do this a lot lately. Find myself surrounded by a lot of random thoughts. Sometimes at the most inopportune times. So here they are, in no particular order...

1. I am dreading school starting back. It's too soon. I want a longer summer vacation like we had when I was a kid. Not this 10 weeks and then you're thrown back into school work stuff.

2. I wish it would rain. Not some monsterous storm, but I wish that we'd get a good soaking a few days a week. My yard really needs it...

3. How did we ever communicate without texting? or even cell phones for that matter? And does all this modern technology hinder the future generation's ability to communicate without devices?

4. Where can I purchase a money tree to plant in the back yard? ....

5. Why is losing weight - and keeping it off - such a hard thing to do? Why is it that somewhere in the mix of being good you somehow slip and fall down a few rungs on the dieting ladder and suddenly find yourself back too close to where you started?

6. And who ever came up with the idea of eating whatever you want before you start back on your diet? It's like a pig out session and then you find yourself pigging out again and again and again? And speaking of that - peanut butter should be a controlled substance. That's all I'm saying 'bout that one....

7. What am I going to do for The Bug's birthday?

8. Why do I proscrastinate about putting the bonus room back into order? Why would I rather just shut the door and ignore it all?

9. Is the economy EVER going to turn around again?

3 comments:

The Source said...

1. I hate short summers, too. Ours is going to be extra long this year, I think.
2. Wish it would storm all night! My garden needs it, too.
3. I don't know. I wonder how our moms lived without keeping in constant contact with us? Cause I would go nuts!
4. Ryan says "Lending Tree" is giving them away.
5. Stinks, doesn't it? I'm convinced my body somehow NEEDS to be this weight. It's sort of stuck there.
6. I blame the person who invented Outback Aussie Fries!
7. A party of some kind? Cake?
8. I say shut the door. It'll still be there next month.
9. It doesn't seem like it, but it sure would be nice.

Did you pick a computer?

The Source said...

Oh, I forgot...have you tried PB Loco? Look it up online if you haven't. It's amazing! You need the white chocolate raspberry peanut butter it is totally ridiculous!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Oh there are so many things I could relate to here. The biggest being that almighty fitness goals and staying on track. How can we be doing so well and fall off and lose that motivation so easily... Recently I ran a mile on the treadmill and I started by saying I was running the 1/2 and once I did that I said well I'll go 3/4 and then soon I was at a mile - it felt good. So right now that's the motivation I'm running on.