Friday, July 24, 2009

Fitness Fridays

You know, why is it that we seem committed to something only to falter. Get off track. Slip. Do something that takes the train to a new station... away from the Weight Loss Way to IHOP. Or Waffle House. Or O'Charley's. You know what I'm talking about, right? Or am I the only one?

Today Hubs had to have some blood work done to check is cholesterol levels. I always dread this. Two fold dread mind you. 1.... I start feeling guilty for not cooking healthier meals. 2.... I worry because genetically the odds are just stacked against him. So this past week I've made better dinners... trying to make up for those cheeseburgers and fried french fries we've had lately. I guess we'll know in a few weeks what the damage is...

But it makes me realize. I got off track myself. I was doing so well. Losing weight and getting rid of my 'bigger me' clothes. Not even keeping anything to comfortably wear around the house...unless you count my hideous purple t-shirt that looks like it survived Hurricane Katrina. But I love this t-shirt and it's comfy and I hide from the public when I am wearing it. I'm off track here.... focusing back on weight loss. I need to get back on track. I need to realize that my new Levi's that were fitting really well aren't going to be fitting all that great when I head back to school unless I manage to lose some of the weight that I've gained back. I've got to come up with a game plan....

The scales live in my laundry room at the end of the upstairs hallway. I would put them in my bathroom...but have I ever told you that my bathroom has carpet? Yes... and have I told you that I HATE carpet in my bathroom? Because I do. Hate carpet in the bathroom. I'd rather have tile - but until that happens, I have carpet. So the laundry room is also the 'weight room' around here. I go in every morning and step on...and off...the scales about 10 times on average. Then I sort of take whatever weight seems to be most common. Heck, I've even stepped on it backwards! I have a weight watchers brand scale - it's really great - but sometimes I think it's whackers....hence the stepping on and off and on and off and on and off again. I think I need to come up with something, like a calendar that hangs on the wall so that I can monitor my weight loss. Or gain.

I need to make myself start waking up early in the morning and make myself get on the bike and ride my 30 minutes. Lately though The Bug has been sleeping in the guest room... because it's her old bedroom and for some reason she's wanted to be in there lately... But that's just an excuse. I need to hook up the gears on the workout machine on the sun porch and start working out. Go to the lake and walk. Go to my parents and use their treadmill. There are a lot of options here. I just need to motivate myself.

Maybe set up a reward system for myself...10 pounds - do something special for myself. Who knows? All I do know is that I've got to get back into the game. They say when you regain weight, you gain MORE than you lost. I don't need that to happen.

What about you? Where do you find your motivation? Got any advice...?

No comments: