Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Caution: Blondielocks and the Pressure Washer

No, you've not come across a title of a bad western. It's me. AKA slacker mom having what I like to call a Blondielock moment. Today I went to my parents' house to do a little pressure washing. And I came home tonight with sunburned arms, feet and neck. Oh yes...I could revel that dude who wears the Apple costume in the Fruit of the Loom underwear commercials.

I am sitting here asking myself...why? After the sunburn I suffered from a month ago from planting azaleas around the house.... why didn't I think to put on sunscreen or even wear my big hat that my family intentionally bought me...that was in the back of my van? My only reason... I was channeling my inner blonde diva. The one who thought it was FUN to be out there in the water. Who didn't care that she was FILTHY from the yucky stuff on the driveway and sidewalk. Who enjoyed coming home, showering and covering herself with Solarcaine like icing on a pig red velvet cake.... FUN I say, FUN!

What about you? Any skin cancer horror tales to share? I am sure my dermotologist would be oh so unhappy with me right now!

3 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Take time to get the sunscreen girlie!

The Source said...

Maybe you should keep the sunscreen in the bathroom and just get in the habit of putting it on after your shower each morning or something?? I worry about my kids because the Hubby has had large chunks removed many times and two of the kids have his pale, freckly, burns-easy skin. The other two are more like me, but still...

Maybe you could get some body lotion with sunscreen? At least it might help?

Kalisha said...

Wow! I'm sorry to hear about your horrible sunburn! Come and check out my blog and website UV Skinz. You can get a uv-protected shirt to wear and you won't have to worry about sunburn because they all have a UPF of 50+. I have one and so do my girl's--it makes being outdoors during peak hours of the day a little easier with less worry.
I know I always forget about myself, but I do use a moisturizer with an SPF and there are great lotions with an SPF too.
I wish you luck and hope for no more sunburns! Ouch!