Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rain, Rain....go away????

We've had another afternoon of rain here. Not that I'm complaining. I like the rain. I figure it's a way that God is giving my water bill a break. But then again, if it continues to rain my planting and weeding routine is delayed. Yesterday we had a rain shower that came through around 5 in the evening and it was nice. I sat in the garage and talked to a friend for a couple of hours. Then I went back out and finished working on weeding the newest hosta bed around the house until it was dark. I love the look of the clean soil right now.

Today we had the first shower for my nephew's fiancee Danielle. It was nice. The cake was yummy and she got some really nice things. It was also our first encounter with my BIL's family since he moved out. I had made the decision that I was taking the high road. To know me is to know that I have an extremely hard time being rude to anybody. I cannot ignore people or be snippy or any of that stuff. Either I like you ... or I don't. There are not a lot of people that I don't just naturally like. So his sister in law and mother sat with us at our table. Now we just have to get through the shower that I'm hosting in a few weeks and the wedding will be here! Time is flying by!

Yesterday my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. How many people, in this day and time, can say that? 50 years. They asked that we postpone their anniversary party until some time after my nephew's wedding. We are thinking September. I feel guilty about delaying their celebration - but they didn't seem to like the idea that my sister had suggested and we didn't know if she was going to end up having surgery and if she'd be okay to be able to attend a party... so once the wedding is over and done, we'll start in full party planner mode for their big event. By the time we have their party, I'll be in school full time and need to get everything taken care of that I can beforehand.

I've been working a lot lately...which has been great! Of course, school is about to end...so it figures that there are subbing opportunities right now. I have been planning my days around subbing, working in the yard and helping my parents. It seems to never end! I've sort of fallen off the dieting wagon so I need to focus on making some better choices these next few days and weeks to get myself back on track.

Finally, what are your thoughts on the Swine Flu? My sister made me laugh today - she said their office manager thought it was called "Swan Flu" and told someone to be on the lookout for dead birds in the yard. It took some serious talking to actually convince her she had it wrong! That just cracks me up!

So what's on your agenda for the week? Wanna come dig in the dirt with me?

3 comments:

The Source said...

Congrats to your mom & dad! What an accomplishment...50 years of marriage!

I would come and dig with you, but I need to check on my veggies today. I think they need some...gasp...pesticide!! Put up pics of your yard...I bet it looks amazing!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

WOW 50 years! That is something to celebrate!

Slacker MOM II said...

I did a drive by and your house looks amazing...

Give your parents my congratulations!!!!

BBBP
Debbie