Monday, April 13, 2009

Shower Invitation

Hello! Today I wanted to post a picture of the exterior picture on the shower invitation for my future niece's bridal shower. Granted, this was the mock-up. She has brown hair, so we were able to manipulate the final picture to change the color of her hair. And you might be able to detect the slight hint of glitter in the picture. We used some glitter dust to give things that 'polished kitchen' look. Overall, I am happy with the effect. It's not what I had originally planned but I think this fits the whole' modern housewife' 50s theme that I'm after.

The inside of the card simply has the details about the shower and I used some cute microsoft kitchen clipart of utensils to frame the details. I'm enclosing a card asking that the guests send me their favorite 'home cooked' recipes so that I can compile them into a scrapbook for the bride-to-be. I saw a cute idea where someone said they always give the bride or new mom a 'booklet' of things related to the shower...The invitation, any games, some pages for someone to record the gifts received...that sort of stuff. I also want to go through all of my pictures of my nephew and burn them to a cd so that she will have those. Hubs seems to have brought very few pictures into our marriage - and pictures and picture taking are something that I've always enjoyed. I just hope that I have time to get all this done, in addition to meeting with with my nephew when he's home on leave to get to record his answers to our 'newlywed you don't know joseph' game. See, I have too many ideas...and probably not enough time to get them all completed!

We had a mini meeting about the shower at my parents after eating Easter brunch yesterday. I told my niece, sister and mom that I will feel much better when we get an idea of what we are going to serve at the shower because I have a lot of deadlines coming up and although I can get some great ideas for things....sometimes I lack the time to really follow through. So my goal is to be READY.

I've managed to tackle some of the things on my to-do list as well. I have finally finished filing our state taxes and I've completed my parents' taxes as well. I guess that I should be grateful for the fact that I am capable of doing taxes - but I don't do them for anybody else outside of my family. Too risky when you deal with other people's money. The wall in the kitchen has been repainted and everything is back in its place. Invitations done. The rest of the day is about cleaning up the downstairs here at home. Kitchen. Straighten the pantry. Clean out the dining room. Vacuum everything. Straighten the living room. Go through the coat closets and the game/movies closet, too. Wish me luck.

As an added bonus - I've decided that I need to get rid of 27 things today - so here goes. Let's see what's sitting around that I can give the boot...

1 comment:

The Source said...

The invites are incredibly cute!! I love them! You'll get things pulled together and it'll all turn out amazing!