Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday's Words - 3/11/09

Today I want to share with you another song. It's called "While I'm Waiting" and was written and is performed by John Waller. I first heard this song at the movies (yes, it was Fireproof...but I watch other stuff too!) and I really liked the song. I liked it's rhythm - the melody and the rhythm changes really got my attention. (Maybe I should have grown up and been a music teacher like my niece has told me!). Anyway, I really like this song. I had looked up the artist here at his site and noticed he has an album coming out in April!

When I looked up the lyrics to the song, the artist had also included some scriptures and a personal note about writing the song. Maybe this song speaks to me because I have felt pain in my life over so many things and I have been constantly reminded that God is there -He hears my prayers and my crying and that I have to be patient and WAIT on Him. I'm going to include the note and if you click on the scriptures, it will take you to another site to read them.

While I’m Waiting
Psalm 5:3, 27:14, 33:20, 37:7, 38:15, 40:1, Isaiah 30:18, Lamentations 3:24

John Waller...."The explanation for this song is simple, I was waiting on God and I was hurting when I wrote the lyrics. I probably wouldn’t have written a song if my friend, Mike, hadn’t encouraged me to document what I was going through during that time. I’m sure there are few people who can’t relate to this song, but the important thing to remember while we’re waiting on God is to not just wait but to actively wait. Serve, worship and be faithful with what you have, where you are… “even while (you) wait.

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord
© 2007 Travelin’ Zoo Music (ASCAP) (admin. by EMI CMG Publishing)

I went on the artist's website as well and read the following words.... and they spoke to me. I know that I've not been blogging a lot lately and I just wanted to say it's because God is doing things in my day-to-day life that I am focusing more on right now. I'm sort of getting myself back to the place where I used to be and it feels good. I'll be back to my usual goofy self eventually ... well maybe a more-improved goofiness - but in the meantime, I hope this song says something to you.
All things happen in God's perfect timing. Broken dreams are restored.
Relationships are renewed. Dormant gifts are awakened.

Be blessed...and follow the link over in my favorites to The Source's site for the Wednesday Prayer Meetin'. And thanks for reading.

1 comment:

The Source said...

One of my favorite newer songs! It applies to so many situations, doesn't it? I finally watched Fireproof a couple of weeks ago and LOVED it!