Monday, March 23, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday...Whoo oh oh

I know, I do the Bangles good, right? But it's Monday and Mondays are usually a little bit insane around here. And while I wish I could crawl onto a perch by the window and take a nap with my paws covering my eyes like our cat, instead I get to face the day with vigor and robusto! Sorry for the blurry shot - she was NOT happy that I was taking her picture...


All kidding aside, today is shaping up to be a good day. I had to call the orthodontist's office early this morning to inquire about an appointment for The Bug to get her bracket reattached...it came loose eating ice cream at a slumber party early Saturday morning (like 2 in the morning)... I just love having to call them after the last bracket incident. Where I tried to pull my daughter's front tooth out with a dress at Macys.... and had no idea that I had popped the bracket off because her poor mouth was wired up better than Fort Knox. But believe you me, this mom learned her lesson. I was on the phone with the office at eight and scheduled a repair appointment.

I am weeding my way through my emails. I don't think I've checked them since sometime over the weekend. I am in the midst of planning an anniversary party for my parents. A bridal shower for my future niece-in-law. Balancing checkbooks. Paying bills. Planning menus. Restocking my craft closet upstairs since the new shelves are in place. I'm telling you - this place is hopping with activity. In fact, we've been so busy that we haven't even opened the Twilight 3-CD set that I rushed out and bought at 8 o'clock on Saturday morning. It's still sitting upstairs on The Bug's dresser and not even the seal has been broken!

All kidding aside the exterior painting is going well...but Mother Nature doesn't seem to be in agreement with our plan. We are expecting rain later so we've got to try to get all of the shutters painted today and we've got to take down the front door and prime it and hopefully paint it before the drops ascend upon us tonight. Once this painting is finished, we hope to replace the shrubs that we pulled up out front - they were all old and overgrown. I want something smaller and compact. Seriously, I have been known to drive around with my camera in hand and take pictures of peoples' shrubs. It's a sickness at this point!

And that's all that's happening in SlackerMommaville. Hope the sun is shining in your part of the world.

Be blessed!

No comments: