Friday, March 20, 2009

Fitness Fridays

Well, I have managed to lose almost all of the weight that I had gained back. I have just a few more pounds to go....but why is it, when we gain weight, it's such a pain to lose it? I mean, I'd already lost this weight - why do I have to lose it again before I feel like I'm making any progress????

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I got this idea when I was subbing at our local elementary school. The teacher is on a diet and a friend of hers gave her a chain of colorful paperclips - that were to be used for each pound that she lost. What a great idea! I came home and started my own 'chain'. I make sure to update it with each pound lost - I'm doing 10 lb increments of the same color - and let me tell you, it's a great motivator! Because when I see the clips hanging there, I realize how much weight I've lost and it feels good.

We all have set 'goals' for this summer with our weight loss. Hubs would like to be down 30 pounds by July (my nephew's wedding) and I would like to be down at least 40 more by August (when I go back to school full time). I think these are easily obtainable. We just have to stick with what works and leave the snacking out of our lives.

What about you? Got any fitness goals to meet for this summer?

2 comments:

The Source said...

My gosh! There will be nothing left of you. I'm struggling with the same thing, so I know what you're going through. I have just gotten back off the 5 pounds I packed on in the BVI. I'm really tired of taking off and putting on the same dang pounds!!

Can I ask you a favor? Email me privately when you get a minute I want to ask you to look at something Heather wrote. Need your valued opinion as a college-student and ed major.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

We are planning a trip to the beach this summer so I have lots of goals! My daughter works out like crazy and this next week on spring break she plans on working with me :) lol - she's all about eating right and exercise!