Saturday, February 21, 2009

Plop Plop Fizz Fizz


Oh what a relief it is... everyone sing along with me..... That's right. I have been reduced to singing the theme song for Alka-Seltzer cold medicine. Citrus blend thank you. Actually I hate Alka-Seltzer, so around my house, if you have heard me say " I took an Alka-Seltzer" you will know that I am SICK. S I C K. In capital letters. I'm sure my disliking this medicine goes back to my childhood, where my father thought it could cure anything. Alert the medics - we have a cure for cancer...it goes plop plop fizz fizz. It's the running joke in my married life because if you are sick, Daddy will offer you some of his treasured Alka-Seltzer.
We broke down a few weeks ago and bought some for Hubs. It has been sitting upstairs on the dresser. Last night, in a fit of desperation, I took them and dropped them in the smallest amount of water consumed by humans and drank it. And I was able to sleep. I got up this morning and took some more. Please do not call my Daddy....but it actually wasn't so bad. Not the childhood drama that I remember of GAGGING when taking it growing up. I'm actually thinking of going back upstairs and having some more because my congested head is starting to throb again.
But I am happy to report that my two seem to be feeling much better. The Bug is being baptized in the morning so that is good news for them. And I will make it through with my plop, plop, fizz, fizz till I am able to better cope. In the meantime, all of you try to stay well...between me and Daddy, there may not be enough plop plop to go around!

2 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Feel better soon...so far I have escaped whatever it was that the little ones had...thank goodness!

The Source said...

Oh ugh! I hope you're all feeling better soon! I've had it for a little over a week. Maybe I should choke down some Alka Seltzer, too??

Tell Bug congrats on her baptism!