Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lent and Lost and Leverage

First... Lost. Oh my goodness! I mean, first we think maybe Ben's not so bad... Only to find out that he killed Locke! Where did that come from? Did you happen to see that one coming? Whoa! And speaking of Lost...so now there's a whole new crew of castaways on the island? How'd that happen? I mean, where they 'picked' to be there? What's the deal with Caesar? Where is Sayid? Now that Locke is 'back' what will happen to him? Where are The Others and what's the deal with Widmore? I need details. I hate it when I show leaves you hanging.

Leverage - as in I have none. I went to the Dr. yesterday - I have fluid in my ears...no funny jokes please - I probably won't even hear them! At least I am now on the road to recovery. I can partially hear out of my left ear again but in exchange for that, I now feel like a sponge that has been sitting out in the sunlight for about 2 days straight. Thank goodness for humidifiers!

And finally Lent. We are Baptist. Generally they don't celebrate Lent but in the past I have observed the tradition. Today The Bug came in and said she was thinking about giving up cookies for Lent. She and her friends apparently had a discussion about it at lunch today. I didn't realize she was such a cookie crazed person but I told her I thought it was a good idea. One year for Lent I gave up caffeine. Another year it was mayonnaise. Both were hard to live without. I told her I had actually gotten up this morning and thought about giving something up for Lent but now that I realize Lent started yesterday I feel like I'm a day behind. I can't give up peanut butter - I ate some this morning... and I can't give up sweets because I ate some powdered donuts after dinner. Anybody giving up anything for Lent this year?

2 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

We don't observe lent...I could stand to give up cookies though!

The Momster said...

Scrappy, that's what I told her. But then again, giving up cookies might be a good thing. :)