Friday, February 27, 2009

Fitness Friday

It's that time again readers - I have got to get back on my lifestyle change. After going to the doctor this past week about my cold, I have gained some weight - shocker - thanks to all the medicines that I'm on. So...it's time to battin down the hatches. Time to get serious. I have a parents' anniversary party in May and a wedding in July to get ready for...no time to waste.

I have been thinking about the whole Lent thing and have decided to give up eating out for Lent. Whoa - that's a big one considering we like to try to do 'date night' a couple of times a month. I may have to make it eating fast foods - like Chickfila. But there is some definate 'eating out' that's going to be given up. I have not gotten up and riden my bike in what feels like months now. I do walk for an hour while The Bug is in Karate - but that's not a lot of weekly exercise.

So to make myself commit to what will take place this upcoming week:
1. I am going to get up each morning and ride my bike for a minimum of 30 minutes.
2. I am going back to counting my calories so that I can hopefully lose this weight that I've gained thanks to the medicine and just being lazy.
3. I am going back to drinking my strict 64 ounces of water a day and journaling my meals. It's the only way that I can make myself accountable.

Tune in next Friday and see how it goes. If you've got a fitness goal for the week, leave it in the comments and I'll be your encourager!

No comments: