Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today's Recipe - Easy Coffee Cake

Good morning. I promised yesterday that I'd share a recipe this week for a really easy coffee cake - and to make that even better - it's really good, too! I acquired this recipe back in 2002 when I was attending a local MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) meeting while The Doodlebug was at school. One of the moms brought it when it was her 'groups' turn to bring brunch and we all fell in love. Imagine my surprise when I discovered the recipe came from a Paula Deen cookbook, or Aunt Paula, as we call her around here (it's a southern thang!). Anyway, if you try it...please come back and let me know your thoughts.

Easy Coffee Cake

2 8-oz cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup sugar
2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg, separated
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread one can of crescent rolls in the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan. Cream together 3/4 cup sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and egg yolk. Spread the mixture over the rolls. Top with second package of crescent roll dough. Beat egg white until frothy and spread over the top. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and nuts. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Serves 12 to 15.



I'm telling you - I'm tempted to march myself into the kitchen and fix one right now, minus the nuts since I don't have any in the house!

On another note, the movie Fireproof comes out on DVD today. It's a great movie and I recommend that everyone see it. I was reading this morning, it was produced by a church in Albany, Georgia. The entire cast and crew worked as volunteers on this film. If you click on the link where the movie's title is, you can see a preview of the movie. I'm planning on going out in a little while and picking up a copy myself.



And finally in closing today, I hope that you have a wonderful day. Speak kind words to someone who means the world to you today. Let them know that you care. Look at the wonder of the children in your life. The fact that you created something so special and so fragile in this world. Cherish them and the time you have with the people that you love.

Don't forget to check out Significant Source's site on Wednesday for her Prayer Meetin'.

3 comments:

The Source said...

Todd's girlfriend pre-ordered a copy of Fireproof for his birthday. They both had seen the movie and loved it! Now, maybe I'll get to watch it.

The recipe sounds wonderful!! Heather and I are on a major diet, so maybe I can try it in April!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

OMG that recipe sounds delish! I will definitely be trying that!

Slacker MOM II said...

I will be awaiting a "coffee cake" today.. It was good to see you yesterday. You look great. Talk to you soon.