Why is it that here lately my life seems to be a gigantic magnet for things to go crazy? Latest point....you know, I got accepted to The University which has classes at a satellite campus much closer to my house, yes? Well guess what happened last month when I met with my advisor????
I was told that I am required to have FOUR more classes before I can begin my junior work load. Guess who was NOT A HAPPY CAMPER? But being me, I just smiled and said okay then sign me up. I brewed over this tidbit of 411 though on the MONSTROUS drive back home. I came home, made some calls (registrar's office) and then brewed some more. Then I decided to contact Financial Aid about my scholarship - I make good grades for this reason! - and was told that they didn't have anything on file and that I needed to contact my previous school and fill out a form to be reviewed in FOUR to SIX weeks. There's a FOUR theme here, I think...
Anyway, I got dressed, got the Doodlebug dressed and off we headed. We were going to drive an hour south of here to get some paperwork that said I had graduated and then drive about two hours to drop it off at The University. But I had an epiphany. Instead we turned around and came back home. I tried to get my advisor to ask her what I should do (at my 'old' school) and she wasn't in - so they asked if I'd like to talk to the "HEAD of the DEPARTMENT" and he was oh so helpful.
He offered to send an email to his counterpart at The University explaining that my coursework fell under another umbrella with the Board of Regents and that technically I should be eligible to enroll in my first block of required Junior Classes. He also unlocked my student record, in case I decided to take these classes - so that I could take them there rather than drive all the way to the main campus of The University. He sent me a copy of the email when it was complete. Oh and he also said that I should consider just staying where I'm at and finishing up the program after he pulled up my student records. Believe me, I am now considering doing just that.
So, all the college professors are back at work this week. I had an email this morning informing me that my advisor has scheduled a meeting for Friday with all the necessary people to discuss this issue - and pointedly - my situation. They will come to a conclusion and determine how to handle my case - since it's special. LOL - At least something is special! In the meantime, classes start tomorrow. I am waiting for the official word about whether I should drop the courses that I'm enrolled in and wait till Friday. But this is what I've decided in the meantime...
If I am told that I'm still required to take the four classes...I'm not going to. I'll apply to State or the local four year that's nearby. Or I'll go back and be a Highlander for 2 more years. If I don't take the classes, I might be looking for a job at least until the school year ends. But I am not going to exhaust that many scholarship hours on classes that I don't have to have. Because I am going to run out of scholarship hours VERY SOON at this rate.
Gee, aren't you glad you stopped by my place today? Welcome to the Slacker world where there never appears to be ONE DULL MOMENT. And cuz I'm curious, how would you handle this situation?????