Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What Are You Doing New Year's ?

I was reading at my friend slackermom2's blog earlier today. She was talking about what she had hoped that her blog would become over this past year. It feels just like yesterday we were joking around, chatting on AIM, when we decided on a whim to both begin blogging. I don't really know what I had expected either. Who would want to hear the ramblings of an insane full-time student, full-time mom, full-time wife, full-time daughter in this crazy world?

But I'm so glad that I took this road. Blogging has been a wonderful way to record the events (and not-so-eventful) moments of our life this past year. It has been a great form of cheap therapy for this slackermom to be able to come hear and talk about what is on my mind...or what has been on my TV. If it weren't for blogging, I might not have ever picked up Twilight! Imagine that!!!

So as we wind down this year and get ready to march forward into 2009, I am thinking what will my blog become? I've been neglecting it lately but I haven't really had much to share. Maybe this new year will find me expressing more about my faith. Or maybe I'll just continue with these mind boggling posts that I know have you thinking ... "and SHE wants to teach the leaders of tomorrow? You have GOT to be kidding me!"

What about you? What's on your 'To DO" list for 2009? Making resolutions? Setting goals? Getting serious about anything? Be sure to tune in later ... I'll reveal my list eventually. I like making lists....it's the sticking to them that's a little easier said than done.

Until the next time. Be blessed to be a blessing in the lives that you touch. May God keep you and yours safe as we venture into 2009.

God bless,
Slacker Mom

2 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Happy New Year a little early to you! I look forward to reading your blog and getting to know you even better in 2009!

I am making lots of new years resolutions and goals...I love a new beginning!

We are having a party at our home for NY Eve.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I've always enjoyed catching up on your blog! I'm still working on resolutions and words and all that fun stuff to take me through 2009. Looking forward to reading more!