Sunday, October 12, 2008

What Do You Think?

Well I would put this up as a poll, but the 'makeup debate' is still going on... So I'm just going to put this out there. I met a friend early this morning for coffee...we never seem to have any time to catch up, so we made a date bright and early for some Starbucks :) Yummy.

Anyway, she was filling me in on what's been going on and I was doing the same. She was telling me about a friend of hers who is having some marital problems (remember, I am like Lucy from the Peanuts...the doctor is in) and she asked me if I thought an emotional affair is worse than a physical one? That's an interesting question....and I do have an opinion on this one.

See, I think if a man is involved in an emotional affair it is far worse than a physical one. I can remember being young and being talked to in the youth group at church (well high school to college age) and the speaker said that boys will use 'love' for nooky (gotta watch the potty mouth) and a girl will use nooky for 'love'. I think that men can easily detach that emotional aspect from a relationship if they are only after the physical side. But I believe if they are attached emotionally, then it is far worse. So, in short...yes, I believe an emotional relationship is much worse.

But this got me thinking on my drive back the house...and mind you, I'm all jacked up on Caramel coffee goodness....but what do you think? Care to leave a comment...curious minds want to know.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Personally, I don't mind my hubbs talking to other women. If it were the kind of talking that involved emotional attachment I would have a HUGE problem with that and with him F*ing someone else. I don't know that one is worse than the other, but I believe that emotional cheating and physical cheating are almost the same thing, either way things would be going down with someone in a way they shouldn't be.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I think the physical concerns tip the balance for me -- STDs, AIDS, perhaps a pregnancy. If you don't know your spouse is having an affair, how can you protect yourself? Plus, what if the affair results in a child?

The Momster said...

The physical concerns have always bothered me. There is too much at risk. The emotional aspect just upsets me. And to think that there are people out there who are looking for that person who will easily be swayed by whatever you have to say to them. Because you know, they aren't talking about what a great person you are...it's all the bad bad stuff that they see about you in their minds.

sheila said...

Well, talking to another woman is one thing....an emotional affair is another and would most likely lead to a physical one. I wouldn't make a distinction between the two. It would hurt me the same I think.

Early on, I told my hubby that if I ever got wind of him cheating...that only two words come to mind...Lorena...Bobbitt.

The Source said...

No comment on the affairs. You know my thoughts on that, I think, based on past experiences.

Darling Daughter saw your poll on makeup, though, and she came into the kitchen to ask me how old Doodlebug is. When I told her "same as your brothers" she said "OMG, she's too little to wear makeup!" I cracked up as I reminded her that she wanted to do the same at that age. To her, the boys are babies. They always will be.

Scrappy Girl said...

I think both kinds are bad and both would be very very hurtful.