Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursdays Thoughts & Happenings...

It's been another crazy week here at the house. I'm beginning to think this is a new theme around here. Sort of like Murphy's Law applied to a family of three. I am still spending all of my time driving to campus or doing homework or playing chauffeur, cook, laundry assistant and general listener of all problems...big and small.

The Doodlebug got her report card - apparently earlier this week - and only remembered when I asked about it when I picked her up from school. Not that she had anything to hide. She made all As - which is great...and what I generally expect from her. Not that I'd freak out over anything else...at least I don't think that I would freak out. She's still enjoying the social aspects of middle school. Stalker Boy seems to have moved on...which is a good thing. He has another class for his connection in the afternoon so she doesn't have to see him. All in all, things are going well.

The UIC is busy winding down the fall ball season around here. I will be glad when it's over and done. Two nights this week The Doodlebug and I have loaded dinner into the Momstermobile and met him at the ball park so that we get some family time together. It's been nice - and definately a change of pace for all of us. Tonight we met him with chili from Wendy's - because it is cold and windy here. We sat in my car and ate and talked. All in all, a nice time.

I actually worked today at The Doodlebug's old school. Again, it was nice...but strange. At least I've met my 2 days a semester minimum so that I will remain on the active list. Tomorrow is yet ANOTHER quiz in Astronomy followed by The Doodlebug having a doctor's appointment for a round of shots. FUN! This weekend I have to get serious about finishing up her halloween costume. I'm not sure how it's all going to turn out, so I think we need this time in case we have to turn to plan C. In other words, there are not going to be any vampires or genies at our house this halloween. If it all turns out, I'll post a picture soon...

We are getting more excited about Twilight being released next month... The Doodlebug has acquired a poster for her bedroom that she wants to put up this weekend. And a calendar. And a "Team Edward" pin. Crazy. But fun. I'm just so so so happy to see her enjoying reading after all the drama involved with reading in the past years.

So, what are your plans for the weekend? Doing anything exciting???? Do share....

2 comments:

Slacker MOM II said...

I am going to GT for their Homecoming. All this football, I think I "get" it finally after 9 years....LOL LOL Anway, can't wait to hear about your day..
Talk soon. "D"

sheila said...

Glad to read another post, the American Dream one was getting boring. LOL.
This weekend is high school football games for the kids. My recliner for me.

Take care, I read your post about bad news. Hope everything works out alright! Thinkin of ya, Sheila